So this post’s title may seem a little odd, but I want to talk about creativity, and who was more creative than Yankee Doodle? The man put a feather in his hat, and then he called it Macaroni: if that’s not off-the-cuff, out of left-field thinking, then I don’t know what is. However, this isn’t a tribute to Mr Doodle, but more a focus on the doodle. Generations of pupils have been told by their teachers to stop doodling and to concentrate on the lesson. But could this advice have been mistaken? Could those pupils actually have had the right idea? Continue reading
- ‘Cause everybody cries, and everybody hurts, sometimes…….
- Is there anybody going to listen to my story…..
- Oh brother I can’t, I can’t get through, I’ve been trying hard to reach you ’cause I don’t know what to do…
- Yankee Doodle went to town, riding on a pony……
- I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss, well a few of the verses well they’ve got me quite cross….
- ACT attention chameleon communication communication accommodation theory delay discounting depression deprived discrimination DSM education focus fusing grief health impulsivity listening lyrics mental health mentalization music offender parents patience responsibility Russ Harris school self help society stigma support technology The Happiness Trap therapy well-being young
Blogs I Follow